Bella Voce

to share, to hear, to listen, to discover, to learn . . . continuously

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Yes, "bellevoce" does not match the title of my blog. This near-Italian username stems from a play on words of my childhood nickname of Elle in combination with the Italian translation of "beautiful voice (bella voce)." My mother coined this name for my first email address and I have come to love it for its root in my Italian heritage and remembrance of my childhood.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Can Google Predict the Future?




I'm sure that you all have at some point googled yourself. I try it out every so often and see if maybe my blog got a little more traffic. I thought to do it the other day when my mom mentioned that someone had apparently stumbled on her blog by searching my name. That intrigued me, especially since the location was from the city my (now) ex-boyfriend lives in.

So I googled myself again. Other than the top searches being "Counting Crows - Goodnight Elisabeth bass tabs," I found three other Elisabeth Basses that were all professors at universities around the country. 

"That's crazy," I thought to myself, "I'm in the process of becoming a professor myself!" I wonder if maybe my name has some sort of psychological quality that makes the bearer of the name more likely to continue in higher education - weird.

So that's it. I'm allowed to write a post about nothing every now and again, right?

...and btw, in regards to the song, I feel a little bit more like the singer instead of the girl walking away.


---
Leave a comment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home