Bella Voce

to share, to hear, to listen, to discover, to learn . . . continuously

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Yes, "bellevoce" does not match the title of my blog. This near-Italian username stems from a play on words of my childhood nickname of Elle in combination with the Italian translation of "beautiful voice (bella voce)." My mother coined this name for my first email address and I have come to love it for its root in my Italian heritage and remembrance of my childhood.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Past, Present, Future

Christmas time brings forth memories of the past, a season for making memories, and hopes of future memories. We ask ourselves questions regarding each tense: Why is he making that funny face in the picture from last year? Whose house should be celebrate at this year? Will our children look back on our photos and comment on our horrible fashion?


This year marked the second Christmas and first anniversary of the friendship of a few of my closest friends and I. This small sampling of photos is to commemorate the past joys, present peace, and future hopes.


The boys' and my Gingerbread house from last year: The Family's House



This year's house with Amanda, because Christmas trees are meant for the roof.



To future alcohol,

To nine years from now,

To people who aren't lame, like us.

*

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn Burns Bass said...

And to peace on earth.

December 15, 2006 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home