Bella Voce

to share, to hear, to listen, to discover, to learn . . . continuously

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Yes, "bellevoce" does not match the title of my blog. This near-Italian username stems from a play on words of my childhood nickname of Elle in combination with the Italian translation of "beautiful voice (bella voce)." My mother coined this name for my first email address and I have come to love it for its root in my Italian heritage and remembrance of my childhood.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Response to "The Cistern - October 2005": A Year Advanced

Through my posting of a piece which I wrote last year, I see how this period of life changed my outlook on and my responses to uncertainty. This year has been a slow climb up that ladder with many slips and slides down a few rungs, but it gladdens me to notice that I have continued to re-hoist myself up and persist in my climb. One event comprises not the whole event as I perceived it to last year, but each rung denotes a unique challenge of uncertainty. All in all, I have made tremendous progress through this year. The circle of hope beckons me louder than the echoing of dark denial. This ladder shall most likely take years to climb, but with the perpetual progress, maybe the light will not blind me when I reach the top.


---
Leave a comment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home