Bella Voce

to share, to hear, to listen, to discover, to learn . . . continuously

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Yes, "bellevoce" does not match the title of my blog. This near-Italian username stems from a play on words of my childhood nickname of Elle in combination with the Italian translation of "beautiful voice (bella voce)." My mother coined this name for my first email address and I have come to love it for its root in my Italian heritage and remembrance of my childhood.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Contemplations of Humanity and Nature – November 27, 2006

It drizzled and showered today. The air filled with a cool, breezy humidity. California’s dry, everlasting summer paused for this particular morning.

Unfamiliar grey clouds shrouded the open sky, but the persistent blue holes attempted vigorously to unveil the earth. The drifting nomads allowed various patches to open and revel in their brief victory, but nature’s curtains then closed once again.

It’s amazing how this shower complimented the arid landscape. Nature leapt alive and danced and thrived for the rest of the day. Not a single thing has grown greener though. In fact, the amber colors of fall have begun to bronze the towering Eucalyptus tress and the tufts of tall, uncultured grass rise from a bedding of brown leaves.

I searched for a spot to record nature’s triumph today and returned to an accustomed point of previous inspiration. To my dismay, I found my coarse wooden balcony bench violated by new garish blue plastic picnic tables. This desecration of organic engineering angered me! Natural, gorgeous, fantastic beauty envelops the woody landscape, but people always seek to improve. Why can’t modern humanity recognize the beauty in antiquity?



---
Leave a comment...

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn Burns Bass said...

Why can’t modern humanity recognize the beauty in antiquity?
Very perceptive. You could be writing about people here. Your description is lovely.

December 03, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Mike Morabito said...

Elisabeth this is beautiful. Also I am sorry to hear that they violated your spot with cheap plastic. Not cool.

But your writing is very cool.
-Mike Morabito

December 07, 2006 1:06 AM  
Blogger Dj said...

www.thisisdj.blogspot.com

the revolution has begun.

December 09, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Hey Marge,
I've responded to your blog tag! But perhaps not in the way you were hoping.... Check it out.

AJ
<><

December 12, 2006 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home