Bella Voce

to share, to hear, to listen, to discover, to learn . . . continuously

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Yes, "bellevoce" does not match the title of my blog. This near-Italian username stems from a play on words of my childhood nickname of Elle in combination with the Italian translation of "beautiful voice (bella voce)." My mother coined this name for my first email address and I have come to love it for its root in my Italian heritage and remembrance of my childhood.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Flashes of Fall

Autumn Colors

California with a golden hue
True gold comes only one season a year

Relaxation amid the hustle of class


Warm swirls of sunlight
But cool, yet fragrant winds blow the
traces of stale summer away

Falling leaves and needles cross the vision
Shedding the worries of the past year

Midday amber panes of light across the floor
Rushes of wind fill
the airwaves
of sound

Solid pines stand to wait for winter

Fall; a time to relax, renew, and retrospect


---
Leave a comment...

2 Comments:

Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Hey, if you think California's beautiful in the fall, you should check out Pennsylvania.... ;)

AJ
<><

October 18, 2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Burns Bass said...

Well writ. A true Californian senses the changing of seasons. It's subtle, silent, and solemn.

October 31, 2006 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home